Nashville Business Journal | 1.5.11
The weirdest interview questions of the year — and the companies that asked them — were released Thursday by California-based Glassdoor.com, an online career and jobs community that offers insights on companies and workplaces.
Questions were shared by job candidates during the past year.
1) “If you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender, how would you get out?” — Asked for an analyst position at Goldman Sachs.
2) “How many ridges [are there] around a quarter?” — Asked for a project analyst position at Deloitte.
3) “What is the philosophy of martial arts?” — Asked for a sales associate position at Aflac.
4) “Explain [to] me what has happened in this country during the last 10 years.” — Asked for a consultant position at Boston Consulting.
5) “Rate on a scale of 1 to 10 how weird you are.” — Asked for an operations analyst position at Capital One.
6) “How many basketball[s] can you fit in this room?” — Asked for a people analyst position at Google.